This is the schedule for the 2018-19 program. Schedule for the 2020-21 program not yet available.
Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching – Beyond the Basics
Small-Group, Distance Learning Practice Sessions
In the one-day Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching – The Basics workshop, participants gain a mastery of culinary coaching basics. Many clinicians take these newly acquired coaching skills to the next level with a series of five weekly, small-group practice sessions.
These state-of-the-art, distance learning, videoconference sessions provide guidance and skills development to:
- Hone your approach to culinary coaching
- Optimize the efficacy of your coaching with patients and their families
- Improve your own home cooking
- Introduce new culinary practices into your kitchen and those of your patients
- Practice, get feedback and refine your culinary coaching techniques
- Build competencies for prescribing nutrition
No Special Technology Required: Log In from Your Desk or Phone
The distance-learning session is delivered via a standard internet connection so that you can participate from wherever is most convenient for you. One of the five sessions will include active cooking with the faculty—you will be able to practice culinary skills in your own kitchen.
Distance Learning Videoconference Schedule
Choose one of the following schedule options:
Group 1: Five videoconferences hosted on Monday evenings
Weekly from January 7 - February 4, 2019: 8:30 pm ET - 9:45 pm ET
Group 2: Five videoconferences hosted on Tuesday evenings
Weekly from January 8 - February 5, 2019: 8:00 pm ET - 9:15 pm ET
Group 3: Five videoconferences hosted on Wednesday mornings
Weekly from January 9 - February 6, 2019: 9:00 am ET - 10:15 am ET
Group 4: Five videoconferences hosted on Wednesday evenings
Weekly from January 9 - February 6, 2019: 7:00 pm ET - 8:15 pm ET
Group 5: Five videoconferences hosted on Thursday afternoons
Weekly from January 10 - February 7, 2019: 12:00 pm ET - 1:15 pm ET
Group 6: Five videoconferences hosted on Friday mornings
Weekly from January 11 - February 8, 2019: 8:30 am ET - 9:45 am ET
Faculty: Rani Polak, MD, Chef, MBA; Shirley Garrett, Culinary coach, Health coach, Medical exercise specialist, Chef; and Jane Barg, Health coach, Culinary coach, Chef
1) These sessions are limited in size to a maximum of 8 to ensure an engaging and interactive experience for all participants.
2) Participants of CHEF Coaching – Beyond the Basics must either be registered for the Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching – The Basics workshop on Thursday, December 6, 2018, or have attended that workshop previously on June 8, 2017 or June 21, 2018.
Certificate of Completion in Culinary Coaching
Upon completion of the five Small-Group, Distance Learning Practice Sessions and the one-day program Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching – The Basics, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Culinary Coaching from the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine.